News & Updates

Fireplace installers sentenced for unregistered gas work

Two self-employed fireplace installers have been sentenced after carrying out unregistered gas work. Greater Manchester Magistrates’ Court heard that Karl Welsh and James Allen installed new gas fires in three North West domestic properties, despite not being Gas Safe registered. An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that substandard and in some […]

Huge fines for two companies after workers injured by gas leak fire

A major UK gas distribution company and a Kent based construction company have been fined after a gas main ignited whilst it was being repaired, injuring two workers. Folkestone Magistrates Court heard how Southern Gas Network Plc (SGN) employees were called to a gas escape at Thanet Way in Whitstable, Kent. The gas escape had […]

Landlord given custodial sentence for gas safety offences

A landlord has been sentenced for failing to maintain gas appliances at a rental property and repeatedly failing to provide tenants with a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate. Norwich Magistrates’ Court heard how inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Gas Safe Register inspected a property at Kings Lynn in Norfolk where they found […]

Plymouth landlord puts tenants’ lives at risk with unsafe gas appliances

A landlord from Plymouth has been sentenced after gas appliances at his rental property in Plymouth were found to be ‘Immediately Dangerous’. Plymouth Crown Court heard how the gas appliances in the property on Laira Street were worked on by someone who was not registered with the Gas Safe Register. An investigation by the Health […]

Gas fitter sentenced to 16 months in prison after falsely claiming to be Gas Safe Registered

A self-employed gas fitter has been sentenced to 16 months in prison after he carried out unsafe gas work while falsely pretending to be Gas Safe Registered. Nottingham Crown Court heard that Richard Trezise was prosecuted following investigations by Health and Safety Executive (HSE) inspectors at seven different locations where the Gas Safe Register had […]