fbpx

News & Updates

Latest News

Worker killed while maintaining high pressure grease track adjusting machine

Specialist plant hire company, Ruislip Plant Ltd, has been fined after a worker was fatally injured whilst undertaking maintenance on a piling rig. Reading Crown Court heard that, Ben Wylie, was assisting the Ruislip Plant Ltd Director Mr Noel Kearney (since deceased) with the maintenance of a high-pressure grease track adjusting mechanism at a construction […]

Are you adequately supporting your employees and visitors with disabilities?

Today should have been Disabled Access Day 2021, but it has been postponed due to the pandemic. However, it’s still worth taking a moment to consider the measures you have in place for disabled employees and visitors. Take just a minute now to put yourself in the wheelchair of a disabled person. Just stop and […]

No safe system of work and lack of training, leads to metalworker’s injuries

A metal supplier has been fined after an employee suffered multiple fractures to the hand and wrist when he was polishing a metal bar with a manual metalworking lathe. An employee working for Timet UK Limited at Holdford Road, Witton, was using a manual metalworking lathe to polish a metal bar when the emery cloth, […]

Employees exposed to chemical spill had inadequate PPE, RPE and training

The fabrication division of Nasmyth Technologies Limited has been fined after four employees were exposed to hazardous substances that caused significant ill health and time off work as a result. Poole Magistrates’ Court heard how, between 150 and 200 litres of a chemical preparation, that included hydrofluoric acid, spilled across a large area of the […]

Worker receives burns after demolition goes ahead with cables still live

Walden Builders Ltd has been sentenced after a worker was struck by a heated sheet of tin. Leeds Magistrates’ Court heard how, the company was demolishing an outbuilding in Littlethorpe, Ripon. During the demolition, the excavator being used struck a wall containing a 415v cable causing it to arc and ignite a fire. Efforts to […]