Duration: 2½ hours
This course is designed for employees at all levels who are required to undertake manual handling activities, to help reduce the risk of manual handling injuries.
- Definition of manual handling and an overview of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Recognising manual handling hazards and injuries
- Understanding injuries arising from poor manual handling techniques
- Risk assessing manual handling activities, looking at the task, environment and load together with individual capabilities
- Practical advice on good individual and team lifting techniques
- Techniques for safe pushing and pulling activities
- A practical session providing delegates with the opportunity to practice good lifting techniques.