Welcome to Stallard Kane Associates

£600,000 fine for Council contractor after major burns to employee

Gloucester Crown Court heard the 61-year-old man was working at the site on Eastgate Street. While trying to replace the traffic light pole he came into contact with a live underground cable which immediately gave him the electric shock and set him on fire. The man, who was an employee of another company asked by Amey to carry out the work, received burns to his to hands, arms, stomach, face, legs and chest.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that although this was the first time this particular group of individuals worked on an Amey project, Amey did not provide adequate information on the location of underground services in the area. The inquiry also found that Amey’s supervision of the work was not adequate, and it had not properly managed the risks from the underground services.

Amey LG Limited, of Edmund Halley Road, Oxford, pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 25 (4) of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. The company was fined £600,000 and ordered to pay costs of £15,498.

Added: 09-03-2017
Back

Breaking News

Head Office:
First Floor Offices, 11-23 Market St.
Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
DN21 2BL

Tel: 01427 678660
 

HR and Accounts:
26/26a Hickman Street
Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
DN21 2DZ

Tel: 01427 678660
 

Hull Office:
West 1, West Dock Street
Hull HU3 4HH

Tel: 01482 534 348
 

Manchester Office:
Hyde Park House, Cartwright Street
Newton, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 4EH

Tel: 0161 367 1214
 

Birmingham Office:
2450 Regents Court The Crescent
Birmingham Business Park Solihull B37 7YE

Tel: 0121 69 59 290
 

London Office:
4th Floor, 86-90 Paul Street
London EC2A 4NE

Tel: 0207 111 0958