Welcome to Stallard Kane Associates

Worker dies from toxic gas

Leicester Crown Court heard Karl Brader, 50, was working for Herbs in a Bottle Limited. He was using cleaning chemicals to clean a changing room when he was exposed to a toxic gas (likely to be chlorine) and died at the scene.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) into the incident found that Mr Brader had not been trained in the safe use of chemicals and no company Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessment had been carried out.

Herbs in a Bottle Limited, of Bourne End, Essendine, Lincolnshire, pleaded guilty to breaching Section 2(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, and Regulation 6(1)(a) of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, and was fined £45000 and ordered to pay full costs of £4,842.

Added: 04-08-2016
Back

Breaking News

Head Office:
First Floor Offices, 11-23 Market St.
Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
DN21 2BL

Tel: 01427 678660
 

HR and Accounts:
26/26a Hickman Street
Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
DN21 2DZ

Tel: 01427 678660
 

Hull Office:
West 1, West Dock Street
Hull HU3 4HH

Tel: 01482 534 348
 

Manchester Office:
Hyde Park House, Cartwright Street
Newton, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 4EH

Tel: 0161 367 1214
 

Birmingham Office:
2450 Regents Court The Crescent
Birmingham Business Park Solihull B37 7YE

Tel: 0121 69 59 290
 

London Office:
4th Floor, 86-90 Paul Street
London EC2A 4NE

Tel: 0207 111 0958